Shahi Haleem by Shireen Anwer
- Boneless beef 1 kg
- Oil 1 cup
- Onion sliced 2
- Ginger garlic 4 tbsp
- Red chili powder 2 tbsp
- Turmeric 1 tbsp
- Salt 2 tbsp
- Coriander 2 tbsp
- Yogurt 1 cup
- All spice 1 tbsp
- Wheat soaked 1/2 kg
- Barley soaked 125 gm
- Chana lentil 250 gm
- Masoor lentil 1/4 gm
- Arhar lentil 1/4 gm
- Maash lentil 1/4 gm
- Moong lentil 1/4 gm
- Brown onion 1/2 cup
- coriander leaves chopped as required
- Green chilies chopped as required
- Lemon wedges as required
- Chaat masala as required
- Mint leaves as required
- Heat oil and fry onion until soft.
- Now put ginger garlic paste and beef and fry it nicely.
- Then put red chili powder, turmeric, salt, coriander, all spice and yogurt and fry it nicely.
- Then add 6-8 cups water, cover it and cook until meat tender, oil comes up and thick gravy remains.
- Now wash all lentils and blend with beef, wheat and barley in blender.
- Then boil it in 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup oil until soft.
- Then mix this mixture with beef mixture, blend it and swot it.
- Then add 1/4 cup water gradually gradually and swot it.
- Then put all spice, swot more, give tarka and serve.
Shahi Haleem is delicious stew. It is popular dish in Pakistan. It is prepared with grains, lentils & meat. It is commonly prepared in Muharram in Pakistan.