Cholay Ka Salan
- Cholay 1/2 kg
- Red masoor daal 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes 2
- Finely chopped onion 2-3
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- Roasted white cumin 1 tbsp
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- All spice powder 1 tsp
- Tamarind pulp 1/2 cup
- Soak cholay overnight in lukewarm water.
- Mix daal and cholay and boil it.
- When cholay tender, but soda.
- Heat ghee, put tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, salt, cumin and all spice powder and roast it.
- When tomato tender, put cholay, daal, tamarind pulp and water and cook it.
- Remove it after 10-15 minutes cooking and serve with puri.
Cholay Ka Salan is tasty dish. It is prepared with cholay and red masoor daal. It is served with puri in breakfast.