Chanay Ki Daal Ka Halwa
- Chana daal 1/2 kg
- Sugar 2-1/2 cups
- Green cardamoms 8
- Full cream powder milk 2 cups
- Almonds finely chopped 10
- Pistachios (boiled & chopped) 15
- Oil/Ghee 2-1/2 cup
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Walnuts finely chopped as required
- Khoya as required
- Wash chana daal with lukewarm water, put lukewarm water again and boil it.
- When tender, cool it and chop in chopper.
- Heat oil or ghee in wok and fry sugar with cardamoms.
- When aroma comes, add daal, roast it nicely, when brown, add sugar.
- When sugar syrup separates, add dry milk and walnuts and roast it nicely.
- When oil separates, grease big dish and spread halwa.
- Then put khoya, almonds and pistachios and serve it.
Chanay Ki Daal Ka Halwa is delicious & common halwa. Daal is boiled and chopped. Then cooked with walnuts, garnished with nuts and served.