Arabic Mandi Recipe
- Chicken 1 whole
- Basmati rice 2-1/2 cups
- Stock 1 jug
- Carrot slice 1
- Capsicum slice 1
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste 2 tbsp
- All spice crushed 1 tbsp
- Black pepper crushed 1-1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon 2-3
- Small cardamom 4-5
- White pepper powder 1 tsp
- Vinegar 2 tbsp
- Butter 2-3 tbsp
- Olive oil 2-3 tbsp
- Almonds and pistachios for decorate
- Salt to taste
- Aluminum foil as required
- For chicken: Add lemon juice, all spice or white pepper, black pepper, garlic paste, salt and olive oil in bowl and mix it nicely.
- Now marinate chicken with this batter.
- Then wrap in aluminum foil and steam it for 30-35 minutes in steamer.
- For rice: Add butter and olive oil in pan.
- Now add cinnamon and cardamom and crackle it.
- Now put garlic paste.
- Now add stock.
- Also put all spice, white pepper, black pepper, carrot and capsicum and put rice.
- Rice cooks and simmered, take out chicken from aluminum foil, keep in center of rice and simmer it.
- Then take out in dish, decorate with almonds and pistachios and serve.
Arabic Mandi is Arabian cuisine. Chicken is marinated with lemon juice & spices and steamed. Rice is cooked with spices, vegetables & stock and simmered with chicken. Then decorated with nuts and served.