Afghani Rice Recipe
Jul 29, 2016
- Rice 1/2 kg
- Mutton with fat 1 kg
- Carrots 2
- Apricots 2
- Saffron essence 1/2 tsp
- Raisins 100 gm
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Cumin 2 tsp
- Cardamom 4
- Cinnamon 2
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Heat oil, put mutton and roast it nicely.
- When golden brown, put 1 glass water and salt and keep on low flame.
- Now soak rice for 20 minutes.
- Then put water, cumin and salt in pan and cool it.
- When mutton tender, put carrots, raisins, apricots, black pepper, cardamom and cinnamon and cook for 1 minutes.
- Then put rice and saffron essence.
- Now cook sugar in water in pan.
- When sugar dissolves, close stove.
- Then put on rice and simmer it for 20 minutes.
Afghani Rice is tasty dish. Mutton is roasted and cooked with carrots, raisins and apricots. Then simmered with rice and serve it. You must try this recipe.