- Beef 1 kg
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds powder 3 tbsp
- All spice powder 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds powder 1 tbsp
- Salt 1-1/2 tbsp
- Flour 5 tbsp
- Green chilies chopped 8
- Coriander leaves chopped 1 bunch
- Red chili powder 2 tbsp
- Ginger chopped 5 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Oil as required
- Lemons 4
- Heat oil and fry garlic paste, ginger paste and beef for 10 minutes.
- Then add red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt and fry for 5 minutes.
- Then add 1-1/2 liter water and bring to boil.
- Then cover it and cook on low flame until beef tender.
- Then remove beef from pot.
- Then add fennel seeds powder, cumin seeds powder and all spice powder in liquid.
- Then dissolve flour in little water and add in pot.
- When liquid is thick, return beef to pot and cook for 20 minutes.
- Then take out in dish and serve with green chilies, ginger, coriander leaves and lemon.
Nihari is very popular main dish in Pakistan. Beef is cooked with ginger garlic paste. Then boiled and cooked with dissolved flour. Then served with green chilies, ginger, coriander leaves, lemon and hot naan. You can also prepare it with mutton and chicken also.