Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe
Lauki Ka Halwa is very popular sweet dish in Pakistan. It is prepared in winter and served in parties.
- Bottle gourd (Lauki) 1/2 kg
- Milk 1 kg
- Sugar 1 cup
- Small cardamom 3
- Green color 1 pinch
- Khoya 1 cup
- Ghee 1 cup
- Almonds as required
- Pistachios as required
- Silver paper as required
- Peel bottle gourd and grate it.
- Then heat ghee in wok and crackle cardamom.
- When aroma comes, put grated bottle gourd and cook for 5 minutes.
- When bottle gourd is soft, add milk and green color, mix it and stir it continuously.
- When milk is cooked, add sugar, mix it and cook until water of sugar dries.
- Then roast bottle gourd until ghee separates.
- Now add khoya, almonds and pistachios and simmer it on low flame for 10 minutes.
- When ready, take out in bowl, garnish with almonds, pistachios and silver paper and serve hot.
Lauki Ka Halwa is delicious and mouth-washing sweet dish. Bottle gourd is grated and cooked in ghee with milk & sugar. Then roasted, nuts & khoya are added and simmered. Then garnished with nuts & silver paper and served.