Hyderabadi Dum Biryani Recipe
Hyderabadi Dum Biryani is traditional dish of Hyderabad. You can also make it with beef or chicken.
- Mutton 1 kg
- Rice 750 gm
- Papaya paste 5 tbsp
- All spice powder 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Whole spice 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves 1/2 cup
- Mint leaves 1/2 cup
- Green chilies 5
- Onion 2 cups
- Yogurt 2 cups
- Yellow color few drops
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Heat oil in pan and fry onions until brown.
- Then soak rice in water for 30 minutes and boil in salted water.
- Mix papaya paste, all spice powder, red chili powder, turmeric, papaya paste, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, green chilies, yogurt, half brown onion and salt in bowl and mix it nicely.
- Then marinate mutton with this mixture for 3-4 hours.
- Then heat oil in pan and fry whole spice slightly.
- Then add marinated mutton and fry it nicely.
- Then put water and cook until mutton tender.
- When mutton tender, put coriander leaves, mint leaves, boiled rice, remaining brown onion and yellow food color, mix it and dum it for 15-20 minutes.
- Then take out in dish and serve with salad and raita.
Hyderabadi Dum Biryani is delicious biryani dish. Mutton is marinated with yogurt and spices mixture. Then fried in oil, dum with boiled rice, mint leaves, coriander leaves & yellow food color and served with raita & salad.