Ras Malai Recipe
Ras Malai is very popular sweet dish in Pakistan. You can make it at home easily.
- Milk 3 liter
- Sugar 500 gm
- Green cardamom powder 6
- Almonds 2 tbsp
- Pistachios 2 tbsp
- Tartaric acid 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice 3 tbsp
- Water 1 liter
- First boil 2 liter milk.
- Then curdle milk with dissolved lemon juice or tartaric acid in little water.
- Then strain it on muslin cloth to separate solid (curd) from liquid.
- Then drain curd and knead it.
- Then make in small balls.
- Then boil water and add 250 gm sugar.
- Then reduce flame and keep syrup on low simmer.
- Then heat remaining milk until is half.
- Then add remaining sugar, cardamom powder, almonds and pistachios.
- Then keep it aside.
- Then add balls is sugar syrup and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Then remove balls, gently squeeze to remove excess syrup and put in boiled milk.
- Then garnish with almonds and pistachios and chill it in refrigerator.
- Then take it out and serve.
Ras Malai is delicious sweet dish. Milk is boiled, curdled and made balls. Then water is boiled and cooked with sugar to make sugar syrup. Then milk is boiled again with cardamom and nuts. Then balls is cooked with sugar syrup and added in boiled milk. Then take out in bowl, garnish with nuts and serve chilled.