Chicken Biryani Recipe
Chicken Biryani is very popular biryani in Pakistan. It is easy recipe to make at home. You can add more ingredients.
- Chicken 1 kg
- Rice 1 kg
- Ginger paste 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Yogurt 500 gm
- Onions sliced 3-4
- Green chilies 7
- Potatoes cubes 4-5
- Coriander leaves as required
- Turmeric powder 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 2 tbsp
- All spice powder 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Green cardamom 8-10
- Cinnamon sticks 2
- Black cardamoms 4
- Bay leaves 5-6
- Whole black pepper 20
- Star anise 5
- Yellow food color 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Boil rice with salt in pot until all done.
- Then remove from stove, drain water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pot, put onions and fry until brown.
- Then put ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add green cardamom, black cardamom, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, black pepper and star anise and fry it.
- Now add chicken and fry it slightly.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, all spice powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt and fry it nicely.
- Then add green chilies, potatoes and yogurt and cook until chicken tender.
- Then put boiled rice on top, spread yellow color, sprinkle coriander leaves and simmer it for 25-30 minutes.
- Then remove from stove, mix it nicely, take out in dish and serve hot with salad and raita.
Chicken Biryani is spicy and tasty rice dish. Rice is boiled. Chicken is fried with spices and cooked with green chilies, potatoes & yogurt. Then simmered with boiled rice, yellow color and coriander leaves. Then mixed and served in dish with salad and raita.