Kathiawari Cholay Recipe
Kathiawari Cholay is very popular street food in Pakistan. You must try this recipe at home.
- Chickpeas 500 gm
- Tamarind pulp 1 cup
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Gram flour 4 tbsp
- Crushed red chilies 1-1/2 tbsp
- Crushed coriander 1-1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Salt 2 tsp
- Roasted & crushed cumin 1-1/2 tsp
- Whole white cumin 1 tsp
- Curry leaves 12-15
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves chopped for garnish
- Green chilies chopped for garnish
- Soak chickpeas with soda overnight.
- Then heat oil in pan, put curry leaves and whole white cumin and fry it.
- Now put tamarind pulp, yogurt, gram flour, crushed red chilies, crushed coriander, turmeric, salt and cumin in bowl and mix it nicely.
- Then add in oil and cook it nicely until gravy is thick.
- Then add chickpeas and simmer it for 10 minutes.
- Then take out in bowl, garnish with coriander leaves and green chilies and serve with karak double roti.
Kathiawari Cholay is tasty and spicy snack dish. Spice, yogurt and tamarind pulp are cooked in oil. Then simmered with chickpeas and garnished with coriander leaves & green chilies. Serve hot in bowl with karak double roti.