Aloo Paratha Recipe
Aloo Paratha is popular and common paratha is Pakistan. It is commonly served in breakfast. You can also serve it in lunch or dinner. Make it at home with your own recipe. You can also add more ingredients.
For Paratha Dough:
- Maida 2 cups
- Flour 1 cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Lukewarm water to knead
- Potatoes 250 gm
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Onions 2
- Green chilies 4
- Coriander leaves 1/2 bunch
- Mint leaves 1/2 bunch
- Ghee or butter for fry
- For paratha dough: Mix maida, flour, salt and oil nicely in big bowl.
- Then knead dough with lukewarm water nicely.
- Then cover it wet cloth and leave in warm place for 30 minutes.
- For filling: Boil potatoes, remove its skin and mash it nicely with fork.
- Then chop green chilies, coriander leaves, mint leaves and cut onions like omelet onion.
- Then put mashed potatoes, chopped green chilies, coriander leaves, mint leaves, onions, lemon juice, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt in bowl and mix it nicely.
- Then make small balls of dough.
- Then roll all balls like roti.
- Then spread potatoes mixture on one roti.
- Then cover with second roti, press edges nicely and close it.
- Then heat ghee or butter on tawa.
- Then keep paratha and cook until light golden on one side.
- Then turn it and cook until light golden on other side.
- Prepare other parathay like this.
- Then take out in dish and serve hot with raita, chutney or achar.
Aloo Paratha is delicious and tasty paratha. Potatoes are boiled and mashed. Then mixed with onions, spices, green chilies, coriander leaves and mint leaves. Then spread on maida & flour roti, covered with other paratha roti and sealed edges. Then cooked in ghee or butter and served with achar, chutney or raita.