Lahori Dahi Bhalla Recipe
Lahori Dahi Bhalla is very common and popular snack dish in Pakistan. It is commonly served in Mehndi parties in Pakistan and commonly made in month of Ramadan at home.
- Maash daal 1 cup
- Moong daal 1/2 cup
- Garlic cloves 2
- Ginger 1 small piece
- Crushed red chilies 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda 1 pinch
- Oil as required
- Yogurt 1 kg
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Crushed cumin 1/2 tsp
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Crushed red chili 1 tsp
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Chaat masala as required
- Dahi bhalla masala as required
For Dahi Bhalla Masala:
- Roasted whole red chilies 1/2 cup
- White cumin 2 tbsp
- Whole coriander 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black salt 1/2 tsp
- For bhalla: Wash maash daal and moong daal and soak it for 4 hours.
- Then put in blender with garlic, ginger, red chilies, cumin seeds and salt and blend it.
- Then add baking soda and mix it nicely.
- Now heat oil in wok, make small balls of daal and fry it.
- When light brown, take it out and put in tap salted water.
- When soft, take it out and press it with palm to take out its water.
- For dahi: Put yogurt, salt, black pepper, cumin, sugar and red chili in bowl and mix it nicely.
- Then take out 1 cup yogurt, add milk and mix it nicely.
- Then put fried bhallay in dahi and put remaining yogurt.
- Then sprinkle chaat masala and dahi bhalla masala and serve warm or cold.
- For dahi bhalla masala: Put all ingredients in grinder and grind it nicely.
Lahori Dahi Bhalla is tasty snack dish. Maash daal & moong daal are soaked, blended with spices and mixed with baking soda. Then deep fried, put in yogurt milk mixture, sprinkled with chaat masala & dahi bhalla masala and served warm or cold.