Besan Pakora Recipe
Besan Pakora is very popular snack dish in Pakistan. Make it at home with your own recipe.
- Gram flour 1 cup
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp
- Onions finely chopped 2
- Green chilies chopped 2
- Coriander leaves chopped 1/2 bunch
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- White cumin 1 tsp
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Carom seeds 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida 1 pinch
- Baking soda 1 pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Water as required
- Chaat masala for sprinkle
- Tomato ketchup to serve
- Green chutney to serve
- Chili garlic sauce to serve
- Tamarind chutney to serve
- Put gram flour, baking powder, onions, green chilies, coriander leaves, red chili powder, white cumin, turmeric, garam masala powder, carom seeds, asafoetida, baking soda and salt in bowl and mix it nicely.
- Then add water and mix it nicely until no lumps form and batter is thick and smooth.
- Then heat oil in wok on medium flame.
- Then put 1 spoon of batter in hot oil and deep fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Then take it out and keep on absorbent paper to drain excess oil.
- Deep fry remaining pakoray like this.
- Then take out in dish, sprinkle chaat masala and serve hot with tea and tomato ketchup or chili garlic sauce or green chutney or tamarind chutney or any sauce you want.
Besan Pakora is tasty pakora. Gram flour is mixed with onion, green chilies, spices & water and made thick & smooth batter. Then deep fried in hot oil and served with sauce or chutney.