Chili Crab Recipe
Chili Crab is Singaporean seafood dish. You must try this different seafood dish.
- Whole crabs 2
- Tomato ketchup 1/4 cup
- Hot chili paste 2 tbsp
- Oyster sauce 2 tbsp
- Soya sauce 2 tbsp
- Tamarind paste 1 tbsp
- Peanut oil 3 tbsp
- Fresh ginger chopped 1 inch
- Garlic cloves chopped 4
- Jalapeno pepper chopped 1
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp + for garnish
- Pull the top main shell of crab and discard it.
- Then remove gills (fingers) and the soft inside.
- Then cut body in half with knife.
- Then cut between the legs, crack the claws and legs and keep it aside.
- Then put tomato ketchup, hot chili sauce, oyster sauce, soya sauce and tamarind paste in bowl and mix it nicely.
- Then add 1/4 cup water, mix it nicely until thick and keep it aside.
- Then heat oil in wok on high flame.
- Then add ginger, garlic, 1/2 jalapeno pepper and coriander leaves and cook for 1 minutes.
- Then add crab and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Then put sauce, cook it and stir it until crab has absorbed sauce and sauce is thick for about 5 minutes.
- Then take out in platter, garnish with remaining jalapeno pepper and coriander leaves and serve.
Chili Crab is tasty dish. Crab is stir fried with ginger, garlic, jalapeno and coriander leaves. Then cooked with hot chili sauce, oyster sauce & soya sauce mixture. then garnish jalapeno & coriander leaves and served.