Prawn Toast Recipe
Prawn Toast is Chinese dish. It is common appetizer in Australia and American Chinese cuisine. You can also bake it. You must try this different recipe.
- Prawns 500 gm
- Garlic chopped 1 clove
- Grated ginger 1 tsp
- Egg whites 2
- Spring onions chopped 3
- Soya sauce 3 tsp
- Bread slices 8-9
- Sesame seeds 1/3 cup
- Black pepper crushed 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 1/2 cup
- Grated cheddar cheese 500 gm
- Salt to taste
- Sesame oil to brush
- Oil as required
- Put prawns, ginger, garlic, egg whites, spring onions, soya sauce, coriander leaves and cheddar cheese in food processor and process to smooth paste.
- Then sprinkle salt and black pepper, transfer to bowl, cover it and leave for half an hour.
- Then brush each side of bread slices with sesame oil and spread prawns mixture to cover each piece nicely.
- Then dip prawn side bread slices in sesame seeds and press it to coat.
- Then heat oil in deep fry pan and shallow fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and crisp on both sides.
- Then take out in absorbent paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Then slice into triangles, transfer on serving plate and serve.
Prawn Toast is an appetizer dish. Prawns are processed with ginger, garlic, egg whites, soya sauce, cheddar cheese and spring onion in food processor. Then spread on bread slices and dipped in sesame seeds. Then shallow fried in oil and served in triangle shape.