Moong Ki Dal Ka Halwa is very popular sweet dish in India. You must try this sweet dish at home.
- Moong dal 2 cups
- Green cardamom 5
- Water 1 cup
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Sugar 2 cup
- Khoya 1 cup
- Pistachios slices as required
- Almonds slices as required
- Raisins few
- Ghee 2 cups
- Wash moong dal and soak it in enough water overnight.
- Then drain water and grind moong dal to smooth paste.
- Then put sugar, water and milk in wok and stir it nicely until sugar dissolves on medium flame.
- Then bring it to boil.
- When done, close flame and add green cardamom.
- Then cover it and keep it aside for later.
- Now heat ghee in pan on medium flame.
- Then add moong dal paste and stir to mix.
- Then cook moong dal, stirring frequently until golden and release its aroma.
- Now add khoya, mix it nicely and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now remove green cardamom from sugar syrup, add sugar syrup in dal mixture and mix it nicely.
- Now cook on medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Then add pistachios slices, almonds slices and raisins and cook more for 2 minutes.
- Then take out in serving bowls, garnish with remaining pistachio slices and almond slices and serve hot.