- ½ liter Milk
- 2 tsp Flour
- 2-3 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2-3 drops Rose essence or cardamom powder
- Heat milk in a pan and bring it to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir slowly and gently until white curd forms on the surface and separates from whey.
- On straining this milk, the curd that is obtained is called "chenna". Wash chenna well under cold running water and twist the cloth that was used for straining to extract water.
- Knead chenna to make smooth dough. Add flour and knead again.
- Make small balls of equal size (6-7) of the dough and keep aside.
- Next make sugar syrup. Mix sugar and water in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Add chenna balls to the syrup and cook for 15 minutes with lid partially covered. Chenna dumplings will puff up.
- On cooling, add rose essence.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled
A traditional syrupy dessert