Autumn Apple Salad
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 ounce package lemon jelly mix
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced, unpeeled apples
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, boil the pineapple and sugar 3 minutes. Mix in the lemon jelly mix, stirring until dissolved.
- Stir in the cream cheese. Remove from heat and allow to cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Gently fold the apples, nuts, celery and whipped topping into the mixture. Transfer to square pan.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
This sparkling salad is creamy and slightly tart