Spicy Taur Daal Fry by Zubaida Tariq
Jul 09, 2015
- Pigeon lentil 1 cup
- Red chili flakes 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Chopped green chilies 6
- Garlic cloves 4
- Coriander seeds 1 tsp
- White cumin 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Mint leaves as required
- Wash pigeon lentil with lukewarm water and soak it.
- Then mix coriander seeds and white cumin and crush it.
- Now drain water of soaked lentil, put 1-1/2 cup water and little turmeric and tender lentil.
- Remember it lentil should be tender.
- Then heat oil in wok and fry garlic until golden brown.
- Now put red chili, turmeric, green chilies, coriander seeds and white cumin, roast it lightly and add lentil.
- Then add salt and simmer it.
- When it is simmered nicely, put lemon juice and mint leaves and serve with hot hot chapati.
Recipe of Spicy Taur Daal Fry by Zubaida Tariq in Handi on Masala TV