Shrewsbury Biscuits by Zarnak Sidhwa
- Flour 350 gm
- Butter 125 gm
- Salt 1 pinch
- Caster sugar 125 gm
- Cinnamon powder 1/2 tsp
- Rose water 1 tbsp
- Egg 1
- Sift flour, add butter and work in with your fingertips until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add salt, caster sugar, rose water, cinnamon powder and egg and mix well to form dough.
- Roll out and cut into rounds with cookie cutter.
- Prick with fork.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170 degrees C for about 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are firm and very light brown.
- Turn them oven onto wire rack to cool completely before storing in airtight tin.
Recipe of Shrewsbury Biscuits by Zarnak Sidhwa in Food Diaries on Masala TV