Chocolate Cake by Zarnak Sidhwa
- Unsalted butter 175 gm
- Caster sugar 275 gm
- Eggs 2
- Vanilla essence 1 tbsp
- Sour cream 1/2 cup
- Flour 200 gm
- Soda bicarbonate 1/2 tsp
- Cocoa powder 50 gm
- Hot water 125 ml
For the Syrup:
- Cocoa powder 1 tbsp
- Water 125 ml
- Caster sugar 100 gm
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C and line tin.
- In bowl, beat together butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream and essence till smooth.
- Fold in flour, bicarb and cocoa, with a rubber spatula along with pouring boiling water.
- Pour this batter into prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes.
- Put cocoa, water and sugar into small saucepan and boil for 5 minutes till sugar caramelizes and syrup has a really dark n thick consistency.
- Cool cake on cooling rack and, till in its tin and pierce with a cake tester.
- Then pour syrup as evenly as possible, till all has been absorbed in.
- Let cake become completely cold and then remove from tin.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate and serve.
Chocolate Cake is yummy dish. It is all time favorite dish for every person, specially children. You must try this recipe at home instead of buying from outside.