- Chana daal 250 gm
- Salt 1 tsp
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Ghee 1/4 cup
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Chopped onion 2 tbsp
- Chopped tomato 1
- Long chopped green chilies 2
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- All spice 1/2 tsp
- Khatai powder 1/2 tsp
- Crushed red chilies 1/2 tsp
- Put chana daal with salt, turmeric, ghee, red chili powder and 4 cups water in pressure cooker, mix it and cook for 10 minutes.
- For bhagar: Heat ghee and fry cumin until golden.
- Now put onion and fry until light golden.
- Then add tomato and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add green chilies, coriander powder, all spice, khatai powder and red chilies.
- Then put bhagar on daal and serve.
Shahi Daal is delicious daal. It is prepared with different method. It is easy to make. Try this recipe.