- Rohu or Surmai fish (fillet) 1 kg
- Sela rice 2-1/2 cups
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Oil 1 cup
- Yellow color 1 pinch
- Finely chopped onion 4
- Whole Kashmiri red chilies 4
- Lemons 6
- Finely chopped green chilies 6
- Mint leaves 1 big bunch
- Fresh milk 1/2 cup
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- All spice powder 1 tsp
- Roasted & crushed white cumin 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Whole coriander 2 tbsp
- White vinegar 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Put vinegar in fish without washing it and keep for 10 minutes.
- Now put some salt and turmeric.
- Then heat oil in pot, fry onion until golden brown, take out half, put yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chilies chutney, all spice, lemon juice and turmeric in half onion and roast it slightly.
- Now shallow fry fish in separate frying pan.
- When golden brown, put in masalay.
- Then add mint leaves and green chilies and simmer it for 5 minutes.
- Now boil rice.
- Also put mint leaves, all spice and green chilies, boil it and drain water.
- Then grease rice pot and make layer of half rice.
- Then put masala.
- Now fish fillet in pan on low flame.
- Then put mint leave, green chilies and lemon juice on masala and make layer of remaining rice.
- Now mix milk and yellow color, put it and simmer on tawa.
- When steam comes up, biryani is ready.
- Make layer of rice in big dish and keep few fish fillet.
- Put some crush onion.
- Then make layer of remaining rice, keep fish fillet again.
- Put brown onion on top and serve.
Fish Biryani is tasty & wonderful biryani. Then flavor of fish is delicious. Make this recipe after eating chicken or mutton biryani.