Daal Bharay Karelay
- Bitter gourd 1/2 kg
- Green chilies 4
- Onions 4
- Fenugreek seeds 6
- Chana daal 1 cup
- Mustard oil 1 cup
- Tamarind pulp 1/2 cup
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Onion seeds 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Whole coriander 1 tbsp
- Red pepper crushed 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds 1 tbsp
- Jaggery 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves as required
- Salt to taste
- Peel bitter gourd and mark cut.
- Then add turmeric, salt, jaggery and tamarind pulp and leave for 20 minutes.
- Then wash it nicely and keep on strainer.
- Now bowl chana daal.
- Heat oil in pot and fry onion.
- Then mix fennel seeds, whole coriander, onion seeds, fenugreek seeds, salt, ginger garlic paste, little turmeric and red pepper.
- After roasting little, mix fried onion, green chilies and tamarind water.
- Now fill daal and onion in bitter gourd and tie with thread.
- Also leave remaining masala in pot.
- Then fry little oil in frying pan and fry bharay huay karelay.
- When golden, put in masala pot.
- Now put jaggery and coriander leaves and simmer it for 15 minutes.
- Serve daal bharay karelay with hot chapati.
Daal Bharay Karelay is new dish. Chana daal & onion mixture is stuffed in bitter gourd and fried. Served with chapati. You must try this recipe.