Mahi Khaliya Recipe
- Fish 1 kg
- Mustard oil 1 cup
- Green chilies 2
- Curry leaves 5
- Button red chilies 4
- Lemons 1-2
- Tamarind pulp 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds few
- Coconut 1 small piece
- Peanuts 10-12
- Poppy seeds 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Ginger 2 tsp
- Garlic 2 tsp
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Coriander seeds 2 tbsp
- White vinegar 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean fish skin, cut into big pieces and put vinegar without washing it.
- Wash with lukewarm water after 10 minutes.
- Now fry poppy seeds, vinegar, sesame seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peanuts and coconut on tawa until golden and grind finely.
- Heat oil in pot, put button red chilies, mustard seeds and curry leaves and fry until black.
- Then put ginger garlic paste, turmeric, red chili powder, salt and roasted & grinded masala, roast it and remove from stove.
- Spread lemon juice on fish and fry it.
- When golden brown, remove it.
- Then heat masala again on stove, spread fish pieces and put in roasted masala.
- Now put tamarind pulp, curry leaves and green chilies and stir pot.
- When oil comes up, keep on tawa and simmer on low flame.
- Remove it after 5-10 minutes and serve with plain rice.
Mahi Khaliya is delicious seafood dish. It is Hyderabadi cuisine. It is prepared with fish and fried. Then cooked with roasted & grinded spices and green chilies. Serve with rice.