Batata Vada Recipe
- Potatoes boiled 1/2 cup
- Salt 3/4 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Cumin 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves 10
- Garlic paste 1/4 tsp
- Mustard 1 tsp
- Green chili chopped 1
- Red chili crushed 1
- Coriander leaves crushed 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Oil for deep fry
- Gram flour 1 cup
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/4 tsp
- Water 1/2 cup
- Mash potatoes and keep it aside.
- Now put salt, red chili powder, turmeric, cumin and lemon juice in bowl.
- Heat oil in pan, put mustard and curry leaves, fry it slightly, put tomato paste, green chili and garlic paste, stir it and close stove.
- Now put all ingredients in pan and mix it.
- Now mix this mixture with potatoes.
- Make balls of potato mixture and keep it aside.
- For batter: Mix all ingredients and put little water.
- Now heat oil in wok, dip potato balls in batter and deep fry until golden.
Batata Vada is popular starter of India. Balls is prepared with potatoes and spices. Then dipped in gram flour batter and deep fried. Serve with chutney.