Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Rice 2 cups
- Oil or ghee 4 tbsp
- Onion 1
- Green chilies 2-4
- Ginger garlic paste 1-1/2 tsp
- Mint leaves handful
- Coriander leaves handful
For Biryani Masala:
- Cardamom 4
- Black peppercorns few
- Cloves 5
- Cinnamon 2 inch
- Fennel seeds 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf 1
- Grated nutmeg 1 tsp
- Mace 1 strand
- Star anise 1
- Chicken 1 kg
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1-1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric 1/8 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Grind all ingredients of biryani masala until powder.
- Marinate chicken with marination ingredients.
- Heat oil, saute spices until aroma comes.
- Fry onion until golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it.
- Now add marinated chicken and fry on high flame till color of chicken changes.
- Add biryani masala and mix it nicely.
- Fry till mix begins to leaves sides of the pan.
- Put water, cover and bring water to boil.
- Now add rice and salt.
- Stir it nicely on medium flame.
- Cook without covering till water evaporates.
- Simmer on tawa till rice is done.
- Fluff up chicken biryani with fork, garnish with green chilies, coriander leaves and mint leaves and serve.
Chicken Biryani is common and popular biryani in Pakistan. It is prepared in many methods. Make it with your own method.