Vegetable Rice Recipe
- Rice 3 cups
- Green peas 1 cup
- Carrots diced 2
- Potatoes cubes 2
- Green beans chopped 1 cup
- Capsicum cubes 2
- All spice powder 1 tbsp
- Onion slices 1
- Green onion for garnish
- Garlic paste 3 tbsp
- Ginger paste 3 tbsp
- Chicken stock 1 liter
- Salt 1-1/2 tsp
- Fennel seed 2tbsp
- Oil 8 tbsp
- Soak rice in water for 30 minutes
- Heat oil in pan and fry onions, garlic, ginger, all spice powder, salt and fennel seeds for 2 minutes on high flame.
- Then add chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Then simmer it on low flame for 30 minutes.
- Then strain stock, discard whole spices and return liquid to pot.
- Then add peas, carrots, potatoes, capsicum and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Then add green beans.
- Then drain soaked rice and add in pot.
- Then cook it uncovered on high flame until rice absorbed most of liquid.
- Then cover pot and cook on high flame until steam comes.
- Then reduce flame and cook for 15 minutes.
- Then remove lid and remove from stove.
- Then take out in dish, garnish with green onions and serve with raita.
Vegetable Rice is tasty rice dish. It is prepared with rice, carrots, tomatoes, peas, green beans and capsicum. Then cooked, simmered, garnished with spring onions and serve with raita and salad.