Papri Chaat Recipe
Papri chaat is very popular and traditional street food in India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. It is easy and simple recipe to make it at any time. It is also served in Mehndi parties in Pakistan.
- Maida 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Cumin 1-1/2 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
For Yogurt Mixture:
- Yogurt beaten 2 cups
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Crushed & roasted cumin 1/2 tsp
For Meethi Chutney:
- Dates 1/2 cup
- Water 3/4 cup
- Tamarind pulp 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Chaat masala 1/2 tsp
- All spice powder 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Papri as required
- Boiled potatoes 3
- Boiled chickpeas 1-1/2 cup
- Onions chopped 2
- Tomatoes chopped 2
- Coriander leaves chopped as required
- Crushed red chilies 2 tsp
- Chaat masala to taste
- Salt to taste
- Sev 1/2 cup
- Tamarind chutney as required
- Mint chutney as required
- Meethi chutney as required
- For papri: Mix all ingredients in big bowl and knead with water nicely.
- Then leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Then roll it thick and cut it with round cutter in any size.
- Then heat oil in wok and deep fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Then take out in plate and keep it aside.
- For yogurt mixture: Put all ingredients in bowl, mix it nicely and keep it aside.
- For meethi chutney: Put all ingredients in blender and blend it nicely until smooth.
- For assemble: Crush papri and cut boiled potatoes into cubes.
- Then keep crushed papri on serving dish.
- Then put potato cubes, chickpeas, meethi chutney, tamarind chutney, mint chutney, yogurt, chopped onions and chopped tomatoes.
- Then sprinkle coriander leaves, chaat masala, crushed red chilies, put meethi chutney, tamarind chutney, mint chutney, yogurt, crushed papri, sprinkle sev and serve.
Papri Chaat is spicy and tasty street food. Papri is prepared with maida, salt & cumin, rolled in roti shape and deep fried. Then crushed papri is spreaded on dish. Then topped with potatoes cubes, boiled chickpeas, yogurt mixture, onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, spices, mint chutney, meethi chutney, tamarind chutney & sev and served.