Ras Malai Cake Recipe
Ras Malai Cake is different and new variety cake. You must try this recipe at home and surprise your family, friends and guests.
For Ras Malai:
- Milk 3 liter
- Sugar 500 gm
- Green cardamom powder 6
- Almonds 2 tbsp
- Pistachios 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice 3 tbsp
- Water 1 liter
For Vanilla Sponge Cake:
- Maida 1-1/3 cups
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Salt 1 pinch
- Milk 3/4 cup
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Whipped cream for decoration
- For ras malai: First boil 2 liter milk.
- Then add lemon juice and stir it continuously till it curdle.
- Then strain it on muslin cloth to separate solid (curd) from liquid.
- Then drain curd and knead it.
- Then make in small balls.
- Then boil water and add 250 gm sugar.
- Then reduce flame and keep syrup on low simmer.
- Then heat remaining milk until is half.
- Then add remaining sugar, cardamom powder, almonds and pistachios.
- Then keep it aside.
- Then add balls in sugar syrup and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Then remove balls, gently squeeze to remove excess syrup and put in boiled milk.
- Then garnish with almonds and pistachios and chill it in refrigerator.
- For cake: Preheat oven on 180 degrees C.
- Grease and line 7 inch round cake tin.
- Then put maida, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in bowl and mix it nicely.
- Then add milk, oil and yogurt in center and mix it nicely until smooth batter.
- Then pour in greased tin and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Then take it out from oven and cool it completely.
- For assemble: Cut cake into two layers.
- Then spread ras malai milk on both cake layers.
- Then spread whipped cream on top of one cake layer.
- Then squeeze two to three ras malai and crush into small pieces.
- Then spread ras malai pieces on whipped cream.
- Then cover with second cake layer.
- Then spread whipped cream on top and sides.
- Then chill it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Then take it out, make flowers with whipped cream.
- Then keep squeezed ras malai on cream flowers, sprinkles chopped almonds & pistachios and chill it in refrigerator for more 30 minutes.
- Then take it out and serve it in slices.
Ras Malai Cake is delicious cake. Ras malai is prepared with milk, boiled, kneaded and made small balls. Then cooked with sugar syrup, add in boiled milk, garnished with nuts and chilled. Cake is prepared with maida, sugar, milk, yogurt & oil, mixed together and baked. Then ras milk & cream are spread on 2 cake layers, topped with ras malai and served chilled.