Fish Karahi Recipe
Fish Karahi is famous Karahi dish in Pakistan. You must try recipe at home and surprise your family.
- Boneless fish 1 kg
- Chopped onions 4
- Tomatoes chopped 10
- Chopped garlic cloves 7-8
- Lemon juice 4 tbsp
- Ginger julienne 2 inch
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Crushed black pepper 1 tsp
- White cumin 1 tsp
- Whole coriander 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Green chilies chopped for garnish
- Coriander leaves chopped for garnish
- Oil as required
- Cut fish into pieces.
- Then rub fish with 1 tsp and lemon juice and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Then heat oil in wok on medium-high flame and fry fish for 3-4 minutes.
- Then take out fish and keep it aside.
- Then put chopped onions and fry until golden.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, chopped garlic, salt, red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, crushed black pepper, white cumin, whole coriander and 1/2 cup water, cover it and simmer it for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Then remove lid and add fish.
- Then mix it gently and cook more for 5-6 minutes or until all water evaporates and masala thickens.
- Then take out in serving dish, garnish with ginger julienne, chopped green chilies and chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with raita and roti or naan.
Fish Karahi is spicy & mouth-watering dish. Fish is fried and cooked with tomatoes, onion & spices masala. Then garnished with chopped ginger, green chilies & coriander leaves and served with raita & roti or naan.