Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe
Lauki Ka Halwa is very popular halwa in Pakistan. It is mainly prepared in winter season and it is commonly served in many parties. Make this recipe at home and surprise your family.
- Lauki (Bottle Gourd) 1 kg
- Khoya 600 gm
- Condensed milk 1 can
- Milk 1/2 liter
- Sugar 1/2 kg
- Desiccated coconut 1/2 cup
- Green cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Green food color 1/2 tsp
- Ghee 1 cup
- Almond slices as required
- Pistachio slices as required
- Silver paper as required
- Peel bottle gourd and grate it.
- Then put bottle gourd in pan and cook on high flame until its water dries.
- Then add milk, sugar, cardamom powder, green color and condensed milk, mix it nicely and wait for boil.
- Then reduce flame to medium and cook until liquid dries, keep stirring it.
- Now add ghee and cook on high flame for 4 to 5 minutes or until ghee comes on surface, keep stirring it.
- Then add desiccated coconut, pistachio slices, almond slices and khoya, mix it nicely and cook on high flame for 1 minute.
- Then take out in serving bowls, garnish with remaining khoya, pistachio slices, almond slices and silver paper and serve hot.
Lauki Ka Halwa is mouth-watering sweet dish. Grated bottle gourd is cooked and boiled with milk, sugar, cardamom powder and green color. Then cooked with ghee, almonds, pistachios, khoya and coconut. Then served in serving bowl with garnished almonds, pistachios, khoya and silver paper.