Sohan Halwa Recipe
Sohan Halwa is traditional sweet dish in Afghanistan, Iran, India and Pakistan. It is very popular sweet dish of Multan. You can make it at home easily.
- Corn flour 1 kg
- Sugar 1 kg
- Almonds 1/2 kg
- Pistachios 200 gm
- Green cardamom 100 gm
- Milk 2 cups
- Water 4 liters
- Saffron 2 tsp
- Ghee 1 kg
- Heat 2 liter of water in pan, add sugar and boil for 5 minutes.
- Then add milk in other pan and boil more for 5 minutes.
- Then remove sugar mixture from flame and strain through muslin cloth.
- Then add remaining water and sugar syrup in milk.
- Now dissolve 1 tsp saffron in warm water and put in milk.
- Then dissolve corn flour in water, add in milk mixture and cook on low flame.
- When corn flour is thick, add 1 tbsp ghee.
- Now add remaining ghee slowly during cooking to prevent it from sticking to pan.
- Then mix it nicely.
- As ghee separates, put green cardamom, half almonds and half pistachios.
- Then grease tray with oil.
- Then spread halwa on it and flatten it with wooden spoon.
- Then garnish with remaining almonds and pistachios and cool it.
- Then cut into square pieces and serve.
Sohan Halwa is mouth-watering sweet dish. Sugar & water are boiled. Milk is boiled separately and cooked with water, sugar syrup, dissolved saffron & dissolved corn flour. Then cooked in ghee and mixed with green cardamom & nuts. Then spreaded on tray, garnished with nuts, cooled and served in square pieces.