- Maida 2 cups
- Warm water 200 ml
- Honey 2 tbsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Yeast 1-1/2 tsp
For Dabeli Stuffing:
- Boiled potatoes 4-5
- Onion diced 1
- Grated ginger 1 inch
- Finely chopped green chilies 2
- Tomato diced 1
- Dabeli masala 2 tbsp
- Peanut 2 tbsp
- Sugar as required
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves as required
- Sev as required
- Pomegranate seeds as required
- Tamarind chutney as required
- Green chutney as required
- Butter as required
For Dabeli Masala:
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Fennel 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Coriander 1 tsp
- Cloves 5
- Dried red chilies 5-7
- Nutmeg powder 1/4 tsp
- Mace powder 1/4 tsp
- Bay leaves 2
- Black cardamom 1
- Green cardamom 4
- For bun: Mix all ingredients and knead for 5 minutes.
- Now cover with hot towel for 2 hours.
- Dough will be doubled after 2 hours.
- Deflate and knead dough it again.
- Now divide dough into 8 parts.
- Then make it balls and keep on baking dish.
- Now keep dish in oven and bake on 220 degrees C for 15-20 minutes or till golden brown.
- Then brush butter on buns and cool it for 15 minutes.
- For dabeli masala: Put all ingredients in pan, roast it, cool it, grind it and make it fine powder.
- Then heat oil in pan and crackle cumin.
- Now add ginger and red chili and saute it.
- Now add onion and tomato and mix it.
- Now add turmeric, red chili, coriander and dabeli masala.
- Then add boiled & mashed potatoes.
- Then add salt, sugar and few coriander leaves.
- Now make layer of potato mixture on dish.
- Now make layer of onion.
- Then make layer of coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds, then make layer of peanuts and put sev on top.
- For dabeli assemble: Cut bun into half.
- Spread tamarind chutney on on side, green chutney and coriander chutney on other side and put dabeli mixture.
- Cover with bun, toast on hot tawa and spread some butter.
- Serve with tamarind chutney and green chutney.
Dabeli is Gujarat, Indian recipe. It is spicy snack, prepared with potatoes, mixed dabeli masala & sev and stuffed in burger buns. Served with tamarind & green chutney.