Herbed Cheesy Bread Recipe
May 08, 2016
- Maida 2 cups
- Warm water 3-4 cups
- Caster sugar 1 tsp
- Yeast 1 tbsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Cheese grated 2 cups
- Chopped parsley 2 tbsp
- Spring onion chopped 2 tbsp
- Basil finely chopped 2 tbsp
- Eggs 2
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Black pepper 1 pinch
- Sea salt 1 pinch
- Place 1 cup of flour, warm water, sugar and yeast into a bowl.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until a thick batter forms.
- Cover with plastic wrap and stand in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until frothy.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Brush a loaf pan with butter.
- Add remaining 1 cup of flour 1-3/4 cups cheese, salt herbs, 1 egg and oil to dough.
- Stir until dough comes together and turn onto floured surface.
- Knead for 10 minutes.
- Add flour throughout kneading until dough is no longer sticky.
- Place dough into a lightly greased bowl.
- Cover with plastic and stand for 15 minutes or until dough is well risen.
- Punch dough down with your fist and knead for 2 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 small balls and knead each until smooth.
- Arrange balls side-by-side in loaf pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to stand in a warm place for 20 minutes to rise.
- Beat remaining egg and brush top of loaf with egg.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. black pepper and sea salt.
- Bake bread for 30 to 35 minutes, or until loaf is golden and sounds hollow when tapped in center.
Herbed cheesy bread is amazing bread. It is prepared with cheese, maida & herbs and then baked. You must try this bread.