Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
For Cake Sponge:
- All purpose flour 1-3/4 cups
- Sugar 2 cups
- Cocoa powder 3/4 cup
- Baking powder 1-1/2 tsp
- Baking soda 1-1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Eggs 2
- Milk 1 cup
- Boiling water 1 cup
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract 2 tsp
For Chocolate Mousse:
- Whipped cream 1-1/2 cups
- Eggs 3
- Crushed chocolate 1-1/2 cup
- Icing sugar 6 tbsp
- Water 3 tbsp
- Butter 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
For Chocolate Ganche:
- Chopped chocolate 1 cup
- Cream 1/2 cup
- For cake sponge: Grease and flour 2 9 inch round baking pans.
- Mix sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Then add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract and mix it with spatula until batter is smooth and no lumps remains.
- Then add baking soda and mix it nicely.
- Then stir in boiling water and put batter evenly in baking pans.
- Then bake in oven on 175 degrees C for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Then take it our from pan and cool for 10 minutes.
- Then put cake on wire rack and cool it completely.
- For chocolate mousse: Beat cream in large bowl for 10-12 minutes or until it forms stiff peak.
- Then set in refrigerator.
- Then mix egg yolks and sugar in bowl until sugar dissolves and then keep it aside.
- Then simmer 1 inch water in small pan.
- Then put chocolate, water and butter in heat proof bowl, keep it over pan and stir until butter & chocolate melts.
- Then put 1/4 mixture chocolate mixture in egg yolk mixture and mix it nicely.
- Then put egg yolk mixture in bowl with remaining chocolate mixture.
- Then put vanilla essence, stir it and cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is thick.
- Then cool it for few minutes.
- Then beat egg whites until it forms stiff peaks.
- Then fold egg white in chocolate mixture and then fold in whipped cream.
- For assemble: Shape cake sponge in flat and even surface.
- Then put first sponge cake in spring form pan.
- Then put chocolate mousse mixture on cake and spread it with spatula.
- Now cover pan with plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator until set.
- Then remove wrap and keep second sponge cake on top of mousse.
- Cover it again and keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- For chocolate ganache: Heat cream in saucepan on medium flame and just bring to boil.
- Then pour on chopped chocolate in bowl and mix it nicely until smooth.
- Then mix 1/2 tsp vanilla essence and cool it slightly.
- Then put ganache on chocolate and spread it nicely.
- Then keep in refrigerator overnight or until cake sets
Chocolate Mousse Cake is mouth-washing and delicious dessert. It is prepared in various methods, make it in your own method. You can top it with chocolate savings, chocolate curls, cherries or nuts. Make it at home and surprise your family. Serve it chilled.