Dumpling is Chinese fried dish. It is similar to wonton. You must try this recipe at home.
For Dumpling Wrap:
- All-purpose flour 500 gm
- White cumin 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee 4 tbsp
- Water to knead
- Boneless chicken 500 gm
- Potatoes boiled & mashed 125 gm
- Cheese 1 packet
- Green chilies chopped 4-5
- Coriander leaves 1/2 bunch
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Crushed black pepper 1 tsp
- Eggs beaten 2
- Oil for fry
- For wraps: Mix salt, ghee and white cumin in maida and mix it nicely.
- Then slowly add water and mix it nicely.
- Then dust hands with flour and knead dough.
- When dough has formed, dust surface with flour and dust hand again.
- Then transfer dough to floured surface and knead it again until dough is soft for about 10 minutes.
- Then keep dough in big bowl, cover it with wet cloth and leave for 1 hour
- For filling: Cook chicken with salt, ginger paste and garlic paste in pan until water of chicken dries.
- Then chop in chopper.
- Then take out in bowl, add potatoes, cheese, chopped green chilies, coriander leaves and black pepper and mix it nicely.
- Now take dough, make small balls of dough and roll it thin with rolling pin.
- Then keep 1 tbsp chicken mixture in center of dough.
- Then seal edges with beaten eggs.
- Then heat oil in wok and deep fry dumplings until golden brown.
- Then take out in serving dish and serve with ketchup.
Dumpling is tasty dish. Chicken is cooked, chopped and mixed with mashed potatoes, cheese and green chilies. Then filled in dumpling wrapped, sealed and deep fried. Serve with sauce or ketchup.