Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta by Zarnak Sidhwa
- Boneless chicken 250 grams
- Butter 6 tbsp
- Garlic (minced) 4 cloves
- Italian seasoning 1 tbsp
- Penne pasta (boiled) 2 cups
- Chopped onion 1
- Button mushrooms (sliced) 1 tin
- Flour 1/3 cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- White pepper 3/4 tsp
- Milk 3 cups
- Cream 1/2 cup
- Sour cream 1/2 cup
- Grated Mozzarella cheese 1/2 packet
- Parmesan cheese 3 tbsp
- Red pepper flakes 1/2 tsp
- Breadcrumbs as required
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes all drain and add butter or oil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat combine chicken, 2 tbsp butter, 2 cloves mince and Italian seasoning, cook until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- For Alfredo sauce: Melt 4 tbsp butter in the skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Saute onion, 2 cloves garlic chopped and mushroom slices, until onion are transparent stir in flour, salt and pepper cook 2 minutes, slowly add milk and cream stirring until smooth and creamy then add chicken, sour cream.
- To assemble: Butter casserole dish, and place cooked pasta in it.
- Pour the sauce and then grated Mozzarella cheese sprinkle it all over the top of the saucy pasta.
- If you like pasta with a crispy top then sprinkle bread crumbs and red pepper flakes over the top of the Mozzarella cheese.
- Turn oven to grill, pop the dish in and watch carefully, not to let the crumbs burned, when the cheese is bubbly and the crumbs are toasted, remove the dish from the oven.
- Serve hot with garlic bread or dinner rolls.
Recipe of Creamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta by Zarnak Sidhwa in Food Diaries on Masala TV