Kashmiri Kofta Biryani
- Lemons 2
- Finely chopped fried onions 4
- Cloves 4
- Green chilies 4
- Black pepper 6
- Green cardamoms 8
- Boiled almonds 15
- Yellow food color a pinch
- Oil 1 cup
- Sela rice 3 cups
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Raisins 1/2 cup
- Fresh milk 1/2 cup
- Black cumin 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mince 1/2 kg
- Bread slices 2
- All spice powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Fresh cream 1 tbsp
- Gram flour roasted 2 tbsp
- Roast gram flour in 1/2 tbsp oil.
- Now mix bread slices, all spice powder, cumin powder, gram flour and cream in mince, chop in chopper, make small koftay and fry it.
- Put rice, salt, cardamom, black cumin and green chilies in pot, boil it and strain it.
- Now heat oil in other pot, fry onion until golden brown and take out half onion.
- Put ginger garlic paste, salt, yogurt, remaining cardamom, black pepper and cloves in half onion and roast it slightly.
- Now add almonds and raisins.
- Also put fried koftay, roast it slightly and take it out.
- Now grease rice pot and make layer of half rice.
- Then spread almonds and raisins masala.
- Then make layer of remaining rice.
- Mix yellow color in hot milk and put in rice.
- Also put lemon juice and simmer it.
- When steam comes up, remove biryani, make layer of little rice on big dish and spread fried koftay.
- Now spread rice and fried koftay again and put fried onion on top.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve with raita.
Kashmiri Kofta Biryani is tasty dish. Almonds and raisins is added which is amazing. Kofta is prepared with mince. It is served with raita.