Fish and Chips Recipe
Fish and Chips is very popular common seafood in Pakistan. It is commonly served in many parties in winter season.
For Fish Marination:
- Fish fillet 1 kg
- Salt 1 tsp
- White pepper 1/2 tsp
- Mustard powder 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Oil for fry
- Maida 1-1/2 cup
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Cold water as required
- Potatoes 1/2 kg
- Rice flour as required
- Corn flour as required
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Oil as required
- For fish marination: Put all ingredients in bowl and marinate fish for 15 minutes.
- For batter: Mix all ingredients nicely until thick batter.
- Then heat oil in wok.
- Then dip marinated fish in batter and put in wok.
- Then deep fry fish until golden brown.
- Then take out in platter and serve with french fries and tartar sauce.
- For fries: Wash potatoes, peel it and cut in finger shape.
- Now boil water in saucepan, put potatoes and boil it for 3-4 minutes.
- Then take it out, strain it, put in cold water and strain it after 1 minute.
- Then put potatoes, salt, corn flour, rice flour and black pepper in bowl, mix it nicely and leave for 30 minutes.
- Then heat oil in wok and deep fry potatoes until golden brown.
Fish and Chips is very delicious seafood dish. Fish is marinated with white pepper, mustard powder and lemon juice. Then dipped in maida batter and deep fried. Then served with french fries and tartar sauce.