Chinese Chicken Chili
- 500 gm boneless chicken, cut in 1-inch square cubes
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 5-6 chopped green chilies
- 2 tbs soya sauce
- 2 tbs corn flour
- 2 green onion chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ajinomoto
- 1 egg
- oil to fry
- Marinate chicken pieces in 1 tbs soya sauce; 1 tbs corn flour and salt. Add an egg in a bowl and keep the mixture for about 15 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil and fry the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown.
- In another pan, heat 1 tbs oil. Add garlic paste and green chilies and saute for few seconds.
- Then add 2 cups of chicken broth or water. Bring to boil and add sugar, pepper powder, salt, ajinomoto and remaining soya sauce. Then add the fried chicken pieces to it and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix the remaining corn flour in 1/2 cup water thoroughly and add it to the gravy. The mixture should be stirred constantly to avoid lumps.
- Let the mixture cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Chinese Chicken Chilli is ready to be served with green onion.
Chinese chili chicken in gravy, cooked with lots of onions and green chilies. Very tasty, must try it out.