Chinese Vegetable Spring Rolls
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- ½ cup carrot
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- Pinch ajinomoto
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- Pinch pepper
- Combine flour, corn flour, eggs, salt and water in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Leave the batter for half and hour
- Using a lightly oiled frying pan (preferably a non-stick one), fry
the pancakes by pouring in a little batter and twisting the pan around
to coat the base evenly.
- Fry on one side only then leave the same to cool on a wire rack.
- Heat oil in a frying pan till very hot. Crisp fry green onion, cabbage, carrots and celery and remove from heat.
- Then in a bowl combine the vegetables with ajinomoto, sugar, salt, soya sauce and pepper.
- Place the filling on the uncooked side of the pancake and roll up and seal with flour and water paste.
- Deep fry the roll and serve hot.
Easy to make Chinese Vegetable Spring Rolls is a perfect appetizer.