Yummy Chocolate Cake, Iced Chocolate And Quickest Nutella Mousse by Zarnak Sidhwa
Ingredients For Yummy Chocolate Cake:
- Flour 1 1/2 cup
- Caster sugar 1 cup
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Cocoa powder 1/3 cup
- Unsalted butter 6 oz
- Eggs 2
- Vanilla essence 2 tsp
- Cream 2/3 cup
- Lemon juice few drops
- Chocolate 6 ounces
- Unsalted butter 3 oz
- Icing sugar 2 1/2 cup
- Light corn syrup 1 tbsp
- Cream 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice few drops
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, cocoa, butter, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and cream into a food processor and process until you have a smooth batter.
- Beat in the soft butter until you have a combined and creamy mixture.
- Now whisk together the cocoa, sour cream, vanilla and eggs and beat this in.
- Divide this batter, in 2 greased and lined tins and bake at 180 degree C until a cakes tester comes out clean, about 25 minutes, let cool on wire rocks before turning out of their tins.
- To make this icing, melt the chocolate and butter in a over a pan of simmering water.
- Cool. add the corn syrup to the cooled chocolate mixture, followed by the sour cream and vanilla and then when all this is combined whisk in the sieved icing sugar.
- You may need to add a tbsp or two of boiling water, sandwich cakes together with icing and on sides and top too.
Ingredients For Iced Chocolate:
- Milk 3/4 cup
- Cocoa powder 1 tbsp
- Chocolate 8 oz
- Ice cubes 1 1/2 cup
- Chocolate ice cream 2-3 scoops
- Cream to garnish
- Chocolate shavings to garnish
- In a saucepan, heat two-third of the milk with cocoa powder, just until it begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and drop in the chocolates, stirring until the chocolates are melted and smooth.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Using a blender, mix the chocolate mixture and the rest of the milk with the ice cubes and ice cream until completely smooth.
- Divide into two glasses, top each with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
Ingredients For Quickest Nutella Mousse:
- Nutella 9 oz
- Thick Cream 1-1/2 cup
- Coffee powder 1/2 tsp
- Place nutella and coffee powder in microwave safe bowl.
- Heat on low for 10 seconds interval.
- Stir aside and cool mixture to room temperature.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold whipped cream into nutella mixture.
- The mousse will be soft.
- Fill small glasses and cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Recipe of Yummy Chocolate Cake, Iced Chocolate And Quickest Nutella Mousse by Zarnak Sidhwa in Food Diaries on Masala TV