Fish In Coconut Milk Recipe
- Fish fillets 1/2 kg
- Curry leaves 8-9
- Garlic cloves 9-10
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Green chilies 5
- Grated onions 2
- Tomatoes pureed 3
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- All spice 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Coconut milk 2 cups
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves handful
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Steamed rice as required (to serve)
- Heat oil in pan, add mustard seeds and fry until they begin to splutter.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add green chilies and onions and saute until brown.
- Add turmeric powder, curry leaves and tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and bring to boil.
- Add fish, salt and vinegar.
- Cover and simmer for few minutes till fish is tender.
- Stir very gently to make sure that fillets do not break.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Fish In Coconut Milk is delicious dish. Fish fillet is cooked with green chilies, tomatoes and boiled coconut milk. Garnished with coriander leaves and served with steamed rice.