Chicken & Vegetable Samosa Recipe
- Chicken mince 250 gm
- Turmeric 1/8 tsp
- All spice 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Crushed black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Onion chopped 2
- Potatoes boiled & mashed 3
- Carrots cubes 3
- Peas boiled 2/3 cup
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Green chilies chopped 1-2
- Coriander leaves chopped 1/4 cup
- Flour 3 tbsp
- Egg 1
- Maida 1 cup
- Salt 1 pinch
- Water to knead
- Oil for deep fry
- For filling: Heat oil in pan and fry garlic paste for 1 minute.
- Then add chicken mince and cook on high flame for 2 minutes.
- Then add ginger paste and salt and cook for 10 minutes until water dries.
- Now toss in onions, carrots, potatoes, peas, green chilies, coriander leaves, black pepper, turmeric, all spice and coriander powder.
- Then mix and remove from flame.
- Then keep it aside to cool.
- Then beat egg and mix with flour to make thick paste.
- For wraps: Put maida, water and salt in big bowl and knead soft dough.
- Then leave dough for few minutes and make small balls.
- Now roll balls thin and cook on tawa on low flame for few seconds.
- Then cut dough from center and make cone shape.
- Then put chicken & vegetable mixture, brush edges with egg & flour mixture and seal it.
- Now fry samosa in hot oil until golden.
- Then take out in paper towel and serve with tomato ketchup or sauce.
Chicken & Vegetable Samosa is fried side dish. It is popular street food in Pakistan specially in month of Ramadan. Chicken is cooked and mixed with potato, peas & carrots. Then filled in wraps and deep fried. You can also shallow fry it. Serve with sauce, dip, chutney or ketchup. You can also make it with beef.