Cashew Chicken Recipe
Oct 04, 2017
Cashew Chicken is simple Chinese American dish. You must try this different recipe at home.
- Boneless chicken breast or thighs 6
- Soya sauce 1/2 cup
- Rice vinegar 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar 1 tbsp
- Oyster sauce 2 tbsp
- Garlic chopped 1 tbsp
- Ginger chopped 1 tbsp
- Green capsicum chopped 1
- Green onions thinly sliced 2
- Chicken broth (stock) 1/4 cup
- Cornstarch 2 tbsp
- Unsalted cashew nuts 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Sesame oil 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Cooked rice/noodles for serving
- Mix soya sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, oyster sauce and sesame oil in bowl and keep it aside.
- Then heat oil in large frying pan on high flame and put chicken.
- Then sprinkle salt and black pepper and stir it for few minutes until brown on all sides.
- Then add ginger and garlic and stir it to combine.
- Then put capsicum, stir it and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- While the pan is still hot, put chicken broth and stir it around to scrape the bottom of pan to loosen all flavorful bits.
- Then decrease flame to medium-low, put soya sauce mixture and cook until it boils for about 1 minute.
- Then mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and pour in pan.
- Then stir it for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken.
- Then add cashew nuts and stir it to coat everything with the sauce.
- Add little water is sauce is too thick.
- Then take out in bowl, garnish with chopped green onions and coriander leaves and serve hot with cooked rice or noodles.
Cashew Chicken is tasty dish. Boneless chicken breast or thighs are stir-fried in oil. Then cooked with ginger, garlic, capsicum, chicken broth, soya sauce mixture, cornstarch mixture and cashew nuts. Then garnished with green onion & coriander leaves and served with cooked rice or noodles.