Orange Chicken Recipe
Orange Chicken is Chinese main course dish. You must try different recipe at home.
- Boneless chicken breast 3
- All-purpose flour 1 cup
- Salt 1/3 tsp
- Black pepper 1/3 tsp
- Olive oil 4 tbsp
- Water 2 cups
- Orange juice 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1/3 cup
- Rice vinegar 1/3 cup
- Soya sauce 2-1/2 tbsp
- Grated orange zest 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar 1 cup
- Fresh ginger minced 1/2 tsp
- Garlic minced 1/2 tsp
- Green onion chopped 3 tbsp
- Red chili flakes 1/2 tsp
- Cornstarch 3 tbsp
- Water 2 tbsp
- For sauce: Put 2 cups water, orange juice, lemon juice, rice vinegar and soya sauce in saucepan and put on medium-high flame.
- Then put orange zest, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, green onion and red chili flakes, stir it and bring to boil.
- Then remove from stove and cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- For chicken: Cut chicken breast into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Then keep chicken and 1 cup sauce in resealable plastic bag and reserve remaining sauce.
- Seal plastic bag and refrigerate it for 2 to 3 hours.
- In other resealable plastic bag, put all-purpose flour, salt and black pepper and mix it.
- Then add marinated chicken, seal bag and shake to coat.
- Then heat olive oil in wok on medium flame.
- Then put chicken and cook until brown on both sides.
- Then keep on paper towel plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- Then clean wok and add remaining sauce.
- Then bring it to boil on medium-high flame.
- The mix cornstarch with 2 tbsp water, put in sauce and stir it.
- Then reduce flame to medium-low, add chicken and simmer it for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- Then take out in serving dish and served with cooked rice.
Orange Chicken is tasty dish. Chicken is mixed with lemon juice, orange juice, vinegar, soya sauce & red chili flakes sauce. Then coated with all-purpose flour mixture and cooked. Then remaining sauce is boiled and simmered with cornstarch mixture and cooked chicken. Then served with cooked rice.