Chicken Bread Recipe
Nov 08, 2017
Chicken Bread is tasty bread. It is common bakery item in Pakistan. You can make it at home.
- All-purpose flour 2 cups
- Instant yeast 1/2 tbsp
- Baking powder 1/4 tsp
- Sugar 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Dry milk powder 1 tbsp
- Egg 1
- Oil 2 tbsp
For Chicken Filling:
- Chicken boiled & shredded 1 cup
- Onion chopped 1 small
- Green chilies chopped 2-3
- Coriander leaves chopped 2 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Flour 2 tbsp
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Egg beaten 1
- Sesame seeds as required
- For chicken filling: Heat butter in pan.
- Then add onion and sauté it.
- Now add flour, salt, black pepper, garam masala powder and milk and cook until sauce is thick.
- Then add chicken, green chilies and coriander leaves, mix it nicely, remove from stove and cool it completely.
- For dough: Put all ingredients in bowl and mix it nicely.
- Then knead soft dough with lukewarm water and leave it in warm place until double.
- Now roll dough in rectangle shape and keep chicken filling in center of the dough.
- Then make slits (cuts) on both of longer sides.
- Then cover with strips in crisscross fashion (left to right and right to left).
- Then grease baking tray and keep bread.
- Then brush with egg and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Then bake in preheated oven on 200 degrees C for 25 minutes or until done.
- Then take it out from oven, cut into medium pieces and serve immediately.
Chicken Bread is tasty bread. Chicken filling is prepared with shredded chicken, green chilies, coriander leaves, flour, butter & spices, cooked and cooled. Then kept on all-purpose flour rectangle dough and covered with strips in crisscross style. Then brushed with egg, sprinkled with sesame seeds and baked in oven. Serve hot.