Pineapple Cream Cake, Chicken Drumsticks And Mango Shirkand by Zarnak Sidhwa
Ingredients For Pineapple Cream Cake:
- Eggs 4
- Flour 4 oz
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Caster sugar 4 oz
- Vanilla or pineapple essence 1 tsp
Ingredients For Filling:
- Pineapple 1 cup
- Cream 1 cup
- Extra fresh cream to decorate
- Fruit syrup or milk a little
- Pineapple and cherries decorate
- For the sponge, beat eggs and sugar till light and fluffy, add essence, gently fold in flour and baking powder.
- Bake at 180 degree C for 15-20 minutes in a greased and lined 9'' pan.
- Cool on wire rack when done.
- To make filling, when cake is cold, split in half and apply fruit
syrup or milk to moisten sponge and then add the cream and pineapples,
apply on bottom layer, top with 2nd layer of sponge.
- Decorate with swirls of fresh cream, pineapples and cherries.
- Serve chilled.
Ingredients For Chicken Drumsticks:
- Chicken skinless 10
- Butter a little
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- All spice powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mint chutney to serve
- Onion rings to serve
- Tomato slices to serve
- Put cuts in the drumsticks and then rub lemon juice on them and leave them aside for half hour.
- Mix ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, cumin powder, lemon juice, garam masala powder and salt in yogurt.
- Now apply this marinate on to chicken pieces and keep them aside for 2 hours.
- Put very little butter in a pan and saute the drumsticks without its marination liquid.
- Then add the marination too and let cook.
- Lastly add remaining butter and serve hot along with mint chutney, onion and tomato slices.
Ingredients For Mango shrikand:
- Fresh yogurt 1 kg
- Caster sugar 4 tbsp
- Mango puree 2 cups
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Tie the fresh curd in a muslin cloth and leave it for 2-3 hours till all the excess water drains.
- Remove the solid curd from the cloth.
- Add sugar and mango puree and thoroughly blend in a mixer.
- Add cardamom powder and mix.
- Chill and serve with parathas.
Recipe of Pineapple Cream Cake, Chicken Drumsticks And Mango Shirkand by Zarnak Sidhwa in Food Diaries on Masala TV